Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation and the wisdom of the ‘Body Scan’
Time & Location
About the Event
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Stress Reduction are well researched programmes that have proved helpful for people with a wide variety of health problems, including chronic pain, stress and anxiety.
I love being more mindful. Instead of waiting for the flowers to come out, I go out in the garden and see what is happening now. I am happier. Things still get difficult at times and when they do, I do my practice (course participant)
· This is a one-off session to introduce you to mindfulness, in particular the body scan.
· It may be particularly helpful to those that have a health-related problem.
· I am running this event as part of my final year of a course at Bangor University in teaching Mindfulness Based Interventions with particular emphasis on health.
· This session will last for approximately an hour followed by afternoon tea in the café.
· I will provide a 30-minute CD to assist you to incorporate this practice into your daily life.
If you are interested, please get in contact as the event is restricted to 10-12 participants and requires prior booking.
There is no charge for this event but donations for the running of the Community Centre are welcome
Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07952376253
The programme is facilitated by Julia Fitzgerald, an OT and Mindfulness Teacher listed with the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches. BAMBA