Thu, 24 Oct|
Fairways Community Centre
Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation and the wisdom of the ‘Body Scan’
A one-off session to introduce you to mindfulness meditation, in particular the body scan, run by Julia Fitzgerald.
Time & Location
24 Oct 2019, 13:00 – 15:00
Fairways Community Centre, Hoylake Avenue, Benton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE7 7UN
About the Event
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and Stress Reduction are well researched programmes that have proved helpful for people with a wide variety of health problems, including chronic pain, stress and anxiety.
I love being more mindful. Instead of waiting for the flowers to come out, I go out in the garden and see what is happening now. I am happier. Things still get difficult at times and when they do, I do my practice (course participant)
· This is a one-off session to introduce you to mindfulness, in particular the body scan.
· It may be particularly helpful to those that have a health-related problem.
· I am running this event as part of my final year of a course at Bangor University in teaching Mindfulness Based Interventions with particular emphasis on health.
· This session will last for approximately an hour followed by afternoon tea in the café.
· I will provide a 30-minute CD to assist you to incorporate this practice into your daily life.
If you are interested, please get in contact as the event is restricted to 10-12 participants and requires prior booking.
There is no charge for this event but donations for the running of the Community Centre are welcome
Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org / 07952376253
The programme is facilitated by Julia Fitzgerald, an OT and Mindfulness Teacher listed with the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches. BAMBA